Security Operations Automation: SaltStack, ServiceNow Integration Arrives
SaltStack. an intelligent automation software for security operations teams, now integrates with the ServiceNow IT service management platform, according to the companies.SecOps teams can run SaltStack commands directly from the ServiceNow interface, the duo adds.
SaltStack has not specifically pitched its software for MSSPs (managed security services providers). But ServiceNow has a growing base of MSP (managed IT service provider) partners, and SaltStack has an emerging community of users.
The SaltStack-ServiceNow integration supports a variety of use cases, including:
- Cloud server provisioning and deployment.
- Continuous configuration automation.
- Compliance and security policy enforcement.
- Hybrid cloud control.
- Vulnerability detection and remediation.
SecOps teams can leverage the SaltStack Enterprise and ServiceNow platforms to restrict access by user or group role, the companies stated. They also can use these platforms to manage security rules across an organization.
Introducing SaltStack Protect
The ServiceNow integration comes after SaltStack last month unveiled SaltStack Protect for automated discovery and remediation of security vulnerabilities across web-scale infrastructure.
SaltStack Protect automates security vulnerability remediation by providing closed-loop workflows that scan, detect, prioritize and address security threats, the company said. It also enables operations teams to assess real-time security data to learn about cyber threats.
What Is SaltStack?
SaltStack offers various solutions for SecOps, development and operations, network operations and IT operations teams, including:
- Continuous Compliance: Provides framework-mapped security content that allows operations teams to enforce requirements for multiple compliance standards.
- Infrastructure Automation: Offers distributed IT infrastructure management via a single platform.
- Network Automation: Delivers a software-defined network designed to help organizations automate network management and security.
- Vulnerability Management: Scans IT systems for security vulnerabilities and provides automation workflows that remediate them.
SaltStack’s solutions are built on an event-driven infrastructure automation engine, the company noted. As such, the solutions help organizations use intelligent automation to manage and secure their digital infrastructure.