Tenable Launches Free Vulnerability Assessment Software Tool
Tenable, a cyber exposure platform provider, has unveiled Nexxus Essentials, a free version of its vulnerability assessment solution. Nexxus Essentials is intended for businesses and consumers and offers a vulnerability scanner for up to 16 IPs, according to the company.
The tool provides the following capabilities:
- Cyber exposure alerts, plug-in updates and insights and reports on security vulnerabilities.
- Classroom guides to help security educators build vulnerability assessment lesson plans.
- In-product tutorials and guidance to teach end users how to perform security scans and analyze their scan results.
Nexus Essentials is now available. Also, a free Nexus Essentials course and certification will be released later this year.
A Closer Look at the Tenable Cyber Exposure Platform
Tenable’s cyber exposure platform helps organizations detect security bugs and misconfigurations across the cyber exposure lifecycle. In doing so, the platform ensures organizations can:
- Identify and evaluate digital assets across their computing environments.
- Understand the cyber risks associated with their assets.
- Review the context of cyber risks.
- Establish cyber risk management priorities.
- Measure and benchmark cyber exposure.
In addition to Nexus Essentials, Tenable provides Tenable.IO and Tenable.SC. Tenable.IO enables organizations to identify, evaluate and prioritize security vulnerabilities in the cloud, while Tenable.SC can be used to detect and analyze cyber risks in cloud environments.
Tenable helps organizations secure digital assets across any computing platform. The company today helps more than 27,000 organizations monitor and measure cyber exposure.
Vulnerability Scanners & Assessment Tools – What Do You Use?
A growing list of vulnerability scanners, assessment tools and guides are now available for MSPs and MSSPs — both for internal use and to assist end-customers. If you have a preferred tool or service please email details to MSSP Alert Editor Joe Panettieri (Joe@AfterNines.com).