Area 1 Security CEO Patrick Sweeney: The MSSP Alert Interview
Area 1 Security CEO Patrick Sweeney explains the email security provider's channel partner strategy for VARs, MSPs, MSSPs and more.
When Area 1 Security recently hired Patrick Sweeney as CEO and raised $25 million in new funding, MSSP Alert reached out to the email security software provider for more information.
Sweeney, a veteran of SonicWall and Talari Networks, is a well-known channel partner advocate. And Area 1 Security is seeking to work more closely with VARs, distributors, managed security services providers (MSSPs) and other types of channel partners.
But how will Area 1 Security stand out in the crowded market for email security and phishing mitigation software tools? Sweeney provides some clear answers and partner-centric updates in this MSSP Alert interview.
MSSP Alert Video Interview: Area 1 Security CEO Patrick Sweeney
The conversation covers:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 0:20 – How Patrick Sweeney heard about Area 1 Security, and why he joined the cybersecurity company as CEO.
- 1:20 – What makes Area 1 Security unique in the email security market, according to Sweeney.
- 3:11 – Area 1 Security’s customer focus: Global 2000, midmarket or small business? Sweeney explains company’s positioning.
- 4:29 – How the company will leverage $25 million in funding — key business, machine learning, and go-to-market priorities with the channel.
- 6:22 – How Area 1 Security spotted and promoted the channel opportunity early in the business journey.
- 8:13 – How the business evolved and pivoted amid the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, and where channel partners fit in.
- 10:54 – Area 1 Security’s business priorities for the rest of 2020, according to Sweeney.
- 13:30 – Conclusion