Comodo SSL, RMM Hires Symantec Veterans for MSSP Partner Push
Comodo, a provider of secure sockets layer (SSL) certificates and a remote monitoring and management (RMM), patch management and service desk platform, has added seven former Symantec leaders to its global channel and business development team.
Together, those leaders will help Comodo drive channel innovation, the company said in a prepared statement.
The Comodo Global Channel and Business Development Team includes:
- John Siverd, Senior Director, Worldwide Channel – Strategic Partners & Alliances: Prior to joining Comodo, Siverd served as Director, Americas Indirect Channel – Strategic Partners & Alliances – Website Security Company at Symantec.
- Jonathan Skinner, Director, Global Channel Marketing: Has held channel roles at a variety of companies, including Dropbox, Symantec and Celestix Networks.
- James Dalton, Director of Business Development: Most recently served as Senior Global Partner Manager, Strategic Indirect Accounts Trust Services Division Company at Symantec.
- Edward Geise, Global Director of Business Development: Previously held strategic partnerships and alliances roles at Symantec and VeriSign.
- David Snakenborg, Director of Business Development: Most recently worked as Regional Sales Manager – Strategic Partnerships and Alliances at Symantec.
- Ken Stoddart, Director of Global Business Development. Held multiple management roles with Symantec from August 2013 to March 2017.
- Dan Marfione, Channel Account Director: Previously handled Symantec’s recruiting, development and management of strategic partners in the Southeast region of the United States.
Overall, the new additions bring over 80 years of experience to Comodo and possess the expertise to help the business speed up channel innovation and hyper scale the company’s revenue and market share growth, according to Comodo.
The Comodo Global Channel and Business Development Team also will bring the Comodo cWatch Web managed security service (MSS) to market through the channel, Comodo said in a company statement.
What Is Comodo cWatch Web?
Comodo cWatch Web is an MSS for websites and applications that is fully managed by a team of certified security analysts from a centralized security operations center (SOC), according to Comodo.
The service’s features include:
- Malware detection and removal.
- PCI scanning and compliance.
- Secure content delivery network.
- Security information and event management (SIEM).
- Web application firewall.
Comodo cWatch Web will enable Comodo partners to “grow beyond offering encryption for websites and capitalize on a booming MSS market without taking on additional costs or infrastructure,” Comodo President Michael Fowler said in a prepared statement.
Comodo cWatch Web will be available to Comodo partners in the coming months, the company indicated.