Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 6 April 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Company Rebrand: Neustar Security Services is now operating as Vercara, a new brand with the same focus on securing the online experience for many of the world’s largest enterprises. The new identity centers around Vercara’s global cloud security platform that provides layers of protection to safeguard businesses’ online presence from attacks, the company said.
2. Leadership Move: WatchGuard Technologies has hired HoJin Kim as its senior vice president and chief revenue officer. Kim will lead WatchGuard’s worldwide sales organization and be responsible for driving revenue growth, scaling and expanding the global sales organization, and driving the adoption of WatchGuard’s Unified Security Platform framework within the MSP community.
3. Product Launch: Obsidian Security has released its latest suite of SaaS security solutions. The solution, comprising Obsidian Compliance Posture Management, Obsidian Integration Risk Management and Obsidian Extend, will enhance clients’ SaaS security and compliance posture, the company said.
4. Leadership Move: NinjaOne, a provider of a unified IT management platform for MSPs and IT departments, announced that Joe Lohmeier has joined the company as its first global channel chief. Under Lohmeier’s leadership, NinjaOne is launching an expanded partner program and portal to further demonstrate its commitment to MSPs, resellers and distributors, the company said.
5. Client Win: High Wire Networks, a global managed cybersecurity and technology enablement provider, has been awarded a $5.3 million mobile Wi-Fi access refresh project for a nationwide retail store chain. The win was secured through one of High Wire’s premier global channel partners, the company stated. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
6. CISA Conduct Security Exercise: The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the Kansas Speedway, state and local first responders, and law enforcement officials, held a tabletop exercise this week to test incident response plans focused on hypothetical public safety incidents at the racetrack. The exercise was part of ongoing public safety efforts by Kansas Speedway and was not in response to any specific cyber threat, CISA stated.
7. Industry Recognition: Versa Networks announced that The Globee Awards has named the company a winner in the 19th Annual 2023 Globee Cybersecurity Awards. Versa SASE won the top Gold Globee Award in the SASE & Zero Trust Awards category.
8. New Season for US Cyber Games: US Cyber Games has announced the launch of Season III of the competition. US Cyber Games is an organization committed to informing and inspiring the broader community on ways to develop tomorrow’s diverse cybersecurity workforce. The mission of the program is to bring together top cyber athletes, coaches and industry leaders to help scout, train and send a US Cyber Team to international competitions.
9. Cybersecurity Partnership: Leonardo and Siemens have signed a memorandum of understanding to offer cybersecurity solutions for infrastructure in the energy, oil and gas and industrial sectors. “The main area of intervention will concern the resilience against accidents and cyberattacks to automation and connectivity systems that monitor and supervise assets, equipment and processes of critical infrastructures,” the companies said in a joint statement. (Source: Reuters)
10. Leadership Move: DNSFilter announced the promotion of Dave Raphael to chief operating officer. Raphael, who had been serving as chief product officer, will take on more responsibilities around day-to-day operations and continue to lead products teams from data science to engineering.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco, California)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)