Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Managed Detection and Response: Malwarebytes has launched an MDR service that "combines EDR technology and human-delivered security expertise to provide 24/7 threat hunting, monitoring, and response" capabilities. The MDR service is positioned for "any SMB or MSP with more alerts than they can handle."
3. MDR and XDR: The new SilverSky Lightning MDR product portfolio includes Extended Detection & Response (XDR) capabilities, the company said.
4. MDR - Distribution: Spire Solutions, a cybersecurity solutions provider and value-added distributor servicing the Middle East and Africa, now offers eSentire's MDR and incident response services to MSPs, MSSPs, VARs and resellers.
5. MSSP Partner Program - Check Point Software: The new program allows MSSPs to leverage Check Point’s 24/7/365 Horizon MDR/MPR solution with co-branded and white-label versions, and to leverage Check Point's incident response services.
6. Partner Program - Threat Intelligence: The new DomainTools Global Partner Program features the company’s threat intelligence solutions, providing channel partners with "the tools needed to help enterprise security teams proactively detect emerging threats and attackers lurking in their networks," the company asserted.
7. Partner Program - eDiscovery Services: Everlaw introduced a new partner ecosystem program based on technology-industry best practices.
8. MSP Software - Security: The BeachheadSecure for MSPs platform now includes account-wide Windows Security management at no additional cost. MSPs can directly manage and leverage Microsoft Defender Antivirus, Microsoft Defender Firewall, and Microsoft Controlled Folder Access. Also, MSPs can automate access controls and secure clients’ devices and data before threats can strike.
9. XDR Services - Japan: Secureworks will extend its XDR platform, called Taegis, to Japan in November.
10. Penetration Testing: Outpost24 has introduced its Penetration Testing as a Service (PTaaS) solutions to the North American market.
12. Funding: Endor Labs has raised $25 million in seed funding and emerged from stealth mode to launch a Dependency Lifecycle Management Platform. The platform "helps development and security teams maximize software reuse by safely evaluating, maintaining, and updating dependencies," Endor Labs said.
13. Talent - Application Security Posture Management (ASPM): Bionic has named Phil Coady as the company’s first chief revenue officer (CRO).
14. Health Insurance Cybersecurity Incident: Australian health insurer Medibank Private said it will isolate and remove access to some customer-facing systems as it detected unusual activity on its network, Reuters reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2022 (October 26-28, In-person and Virtual)
- Forrester Security and Risk Conference 2022 (November 8-9, Washington, D.C.)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)