BG Staffing Acquires InfoSec Recruitment Firm LJ Kushner
BG Staffing (BGSF), an IT, accounting and finance recruitment firm, has acquired information security recruitment services provider L.J. Kushner & Associates for an undisclosed sum. The L.J. Kushner transaction marks BGSF’s 10th acquisition since 2009.
L.J. Kushner will operate as a separate brand under the BGSF umbrella, the companies said. It also will maintain its trade name and continue its operations across real estate, professional and light industrial segments.
L.J. Kushner provides information security recruitment services to companies of all sizes. It offers recruitment support across the following areas:
- Corporate information security.
- Information security consulting and professional services firms.
- Information security software vendors.
- Information security business units of global technology companies.
- Recruiting redesigned.
In addition, L.J. Kushner delivers three levels of information security hiring support:
- Evolution: Helps an organization introduce a new information security hiring program or offering.
- Re-Tooling: Helps an organization improve an existing information security hiring function by adding new talent and introducing new ideas.
- Replacement: Helps an organization replace an information security employee who recently left or was terminated.
L.J. Kushner enables BGSF to expand its professional services offerings, the companies indicated. It also could help BGSF address the global cybersecurity workforce shortage.
In the United States, the current cybersecurity workforce shortage is nearly 500,000, according to the (ISC)² “2019 Cybersecurity Workforce Study.” Furthermore, nearly two-thirds of organizations in the study are dealing with a cybersecurity staff shortage, and roughly half of cybersecurity professionals believe their organization is at moderate or extreme risk due to a cybersecurity staff shortage.