Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 06 June 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, June 6, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SIEM and SOAR: Siemplify has released Version 5.0 of its SIEM and SOAR platform for security engineers and SOC managers. New capabilities include:
- Advanced Crisis Management: Coordinate all aspects of the response to a major security event from within the platform, the company says.
- Advanced Playbook Building: Build and automate incident response playbooks with data dependencies, the company says.
- Real-Time Collaboration: Work with colleagues inside and outside the security team to investigate and close cases faster, the company says.
- Streamlined Remote Operations: Monitor, investigate and respond to security events on remote networks with the new, unified Siemplify remote agent, Siemplify adds.
2. Talent – IoT Security: Bain Capital Ventures Operating Partner Jeff Williams has joined IoT security Provider Armis as chief revenue officer (CRO). In this newly created role, Williams will lead Armis’ global sales expansion, oversee customer experience and identify key strategic partnership opportunities, the companies say. Armis is a Bain Capital business.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Partnerships
1. Fortinet: The company has expanded its partner-focused Security-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud offerings. The FortiCloud solutions, which feature centralized management for MSPs and MSSPs, now span:
- FortiGate Cloud: Fortinet’s cloud-based firewall management tool;
- FortiAP: Providing integrated and secure wireless access;
- FortiExtender: The company’s secure LTE wireless WAN extender, providing 3G/4G connectivity for broadband to the internet;
- FortiSwitch: Delivers an Ethernet solution with security, performance, and manageability;
- FortiManager: Offers customers automation-driven and single pane-of-glass management capabilities;
- FortiPresence: Fortinet’s WiFi presence analytics and customer engagement solution;
- FortiToken: Offers customers secure cloud management of two-factor authentication (2FA) for FortiGate;
- FortiCASB: Offers customers cloud security analytics and posture management;
- FortiMail: Fortinet’s hosted email security; and
- FortiWeb: The company’s cloud-based web application firewall-as-a-service.
2. MSP Security Services: BCM One and ControlScan are partnering to provide managed security and compliance solutions. BCM One is an IT solutions provider that supports more than 4,500 customers worldwide. ControlScan’s managed security and compliance solutions include 24×7 managed detection and response, advanced endpoint protection, managed UTM firewall services, ASV vulnerability scanning, QSA and HIPAA assessments, security penetration testing, PCI compliance programs and more.
3. Distribution: Arrow Electronics will leverage ON2IT’s managed cybersecurity platform to help customers procure, manage, monitor, and remediate their cyber security investments, the two companies say.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Today: Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– This Thursday, June 6)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6, Austin, Texas)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19, Maryland)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.