Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 10 June 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, June 10, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A: United Technologies plans to merge its aerospace business with U.S. defense contractor Raytheon and form a new company worth well over $100 billion, Reuters reports. The deal could have potential implications in the government-focused cybersecurity and MSSP market. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Baltimore Ransomware Attack – Apology: Baltimore’s head of IT apologized for poor communications during the ransomware attack that crippled the the city’s IT infrastructure, according to The Baltimore Sun. Cleanup costs from the so-called Baltimore RobbinHood Ransomware Attack are expected to top $18 million, the city has previously said.
3. Google Android Backdoor?: The details are in this Google Security Blog.
4. Funding – Railroad Cybersecurity: — Cylus, which develops railroad and metro cybersecurity technology, has raised $12 million in Series A funding.
5. Threat Detection: SecBI has announced the extension of its agent-less, threat detection solution with automated response. Security operations centers (SOC) and managed security service providers (MSSPs) gain a solution that spans detection, investigation, and automated response, the company asserts.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Partnerships
1. Partner Program Tips: Got anything to share? Email me the details.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19, Maryland)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.