Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 13 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
7. SIEM & Vulnerability Scanning: Atmosera, a Microsoft Azure cloud services provider, has launched two security products. They include:
- Security Information and Event Management, which monitors logs and data from every device on a business’ network. Using machine learning algorithms, it continually scans for malicious and anomalous behavior, alerting users to threats in real-time and alleviating the IT team’s security burdens, the company says.
- Managed Vulnerability Scanning. Searching all of a business’ digital assets, MVS alerts users to potential holes that a hacker could exploit, such as old software or outdated services that need to be turned off.
6. Distribution – SOAR: Veracomp has agreed to distribute D3’s security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) platform throughout central and eastern Europe. The partnership will enable organizations to support their security operations centers (SOCs) and incident response analysts with technology that automates workflows and drastically reduces false positives, D3 Security asserts.
5. Funding: Cyemptive Technologies, a cybersecurity startup, has emerged from stealth mode with $3.5 million in Series A funding.
4. Talent – Partner Program: EfficientIP, a provider of network security and automation solutions specializing in DDI (DNS-DHCP-IPAM), has hired John Ricciardi as channel development director. Ricciardi is responsible for developing and executing a regional channel strategy in North America.
3. Talent – Top 100 MSSP: Optiv Security, a Top 100 MSSP, has named Jill Sanford as chief human resources officer (CHRO). Sanford develops and oversees Optiv’s HR strategy and programs, including talent acquisition, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits and training, to ensure that they effectively support Optiv’s global growth strategy, the company says.
2. Cybersecurity Conference: Carbon Black Connect 2019 is confirmed for June near San Diego.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.