Managed Security Services Morning Alert: 18 May 2017
Each morning (ok, sometimes it’s the afternoon) MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, May 18, 2017:
8. Security Division Honors: Juniper has named Kudelski Security as one of its top partners of 2016. Kudelski Security is the cybersecurity division within the Kudelski Group.
7. Mobile Management, Security: NetMotion has launched Mobile IQ, a visualization, analytics and alerting platform for mobile deployments. Built on Splunk Enterprise, Mobile IQ delivers real-time analysis and alerts on mobile connectivity, security and performance. We’re checking to see if Mobile IQ is multi-tenant for MSPs.
6. Funding – Endpoint Security: Karamba Security has raised $12 million in Series B funding. The company develops ECU (Electronic Control Unit) endpoint security to protect connected cars from cyberattacks. We’ll share more details soon.
5. Reducing NSA’s Power?: A bill proposed in Congress on Wednesday would require the U.S. National Security Agency to inform representatives of other government agencies about security holes it finds in software like the one that allowed last week’s “ransomware” attacks, Reuters says. Under former President Barack Obama, the government created a similar inter-agency review, but it was not required by law and was administered by the NSA itself, the report added.
4. Cybersecurity Breach: Restaurant aggregator Zomato says about 17 million email addresses and passwords have been stolen from the company’s database. The latest updates about the incident are here.
3. Managed Security Services: Philippines-based Radius Telecoms, in partnership with network security provider Fortinet, has launched a secured managed security service. Radius now offers customized security services for small, mid-size and large enterprises bundled to its connectivity services. The lineup includes antivirus, intrusion prevention and web filtering to fend off malware.
2. Managed Video Surveillance: Razberi Technologies will embed CylancePROTECT software in Razberi ServerSwitchIQ appliances. Razberi’s specializes in video surveillance infrastructure that records the highest quality video while reducing capital, bandwidth, and space costs, the company asserts.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Thursday, May 18 — just a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day later this month.