Managed Security Services Morning Alert: 08 May 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, May 8, 2017:
6. Service Management & Single Sign On: TOPdesk and OneLogin are partnering to to provide single sign-on (SSO), external directory integration, and multi-factor authentication for TOPdesk’s clients.
5. Security Conference: IBM is set to invade the KuppingerCole European Identity and Cloud Conference (EIC), which runs May 9-12 in Munich, Germany. Among the names to know: Keynote speaker Dr. Sridhar Muppidi, IBM Fellow and CTO for Identity & Access Management Solutions at IBM Security.
4. France Hack: A French government official says the state cybersecurity agency will investigate a hacking attack targeting presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron, according to the Associated Press.
3. Small Business Cybersecurity: The US House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology passed the NIST Small Business Cybersecurity Act of 2017 last week in an effort to ensure that small businesses are given necessary resources to reduce their risk for cybersecurity issues, according to HealthIT Security. We’ll share more details soon,
2. Email Scams Cost $5.3 Billion: So-called business email compromise (BEC) scams cost businesses $5.3 billion between October 2013 and December 2016, according to an FBI alert. The typical scam has evolved to include the compromising of legitimate business e-mail accounts and requesting Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Wage and Tax Statement (W-2) forms for employees, and may not always be associated with a request for transfer of funds, the FBI said.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Monday, May 8 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in a few weeks.