Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, January 3, 2018:
6. Crypto Resignation: Slovenian mining service NiceHash has swapped CEOs several weeks after hackers stole Bitcoins worth around $63 million in 2017’s last major attack, according to The CoinTelegraph.
5. VMware Patches: VMware has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in vSphere Data Protection. Without the updates, a remote attacker could exploit the vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system, a US-CERT alert warns.
4. Legal Truce:FireEye shareholders are applauding a patent license agreement with Finjan Holdings, which effectively settles a legal feud between the companies. Under terms of the agreement, FireEye agreed to pay Finjan a one-time net settlement amount of approximately $12.5 million. FireEye shares rose 2.6 percent on the news.
2. M&A – Physical & Digital Security: Kastle Systems, a provider of managed security solutions and services, has acquired Urban Alarm for an undisclosed sum. Urban Alarm’ specializes in access control, video surveillance, remote video monitoring and guard patrol services for residential, commercial, institutional and property management organizations throughout the metro D.C. area.
1. Cloud Security Game Plans: How can channel partners and their customers make a secure transition to public cloud services? The answer involves four critical practices, according to a new McKinsey & Company report. We’ll share more analysis soon.