Managed Security Services Morning News: 05 June 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, June 5, 2017:
8. Funding: SpyCloud, a cybersecurity startup that’s developing an early warning breach detection system, has raised $2.5 million in seed funding. The company’s founders include HP veteran Ted Ross and TippingPoint veteran David Endler.
7. DDoS Attack Target: Finland’s Social Insurance Institution (Kela) has been hit by a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks that crashed some of its online services on Friday and Saturday. The online services include a mission critical electronic prescription system. Stay tuned for updates on the attack here.
6. DDoS Attack Mitigation: Neustar has tripled its global DDoS mitigation network capacity — reaching 4 Tbps across EMEA and Singapore. We’ll share more details soon.
5. Gartner IAM Summit: The Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit is now set for November 2017 in Las Vegas. Security Summits: Hosting or attending a cybersecurity conference?
4. Security Conferences: Are you attending a cybersecurity conference sometime before year-end 2017? Submit the conference name and date MSSP Alert’s Cybersecurity Conference calendar and we’ll potentially list it for our readers.
3. College Breach: Elon University’s application system suffered a breach related to the recent OneLogin hack, university officials confirmed on June 3. About 1,500 Elon accounts were at risk. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
2. Partner Program: CyberArk has bolstered its partner program initiatives in India. New partners in the region include Inflow Technologies and M.Tech. The effort includes new training, certification and partner portal offerings.
1. Eight Business Drivers for MSSPs: Why are businesses embracing managed security services providers? Trustwave provides these eight driving factors.