Managed Security Services Morning News: 15 June 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, June 15, 2017:
7. IoT Security Market Forecast: The Internet of Things (IoT) security market will reach $29.02 billion by 2022, up from $6.62 billion in 2017, according to Markets and Markets. That’s a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 34.4 percent. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
6. Endpoint Security: FireEye has launched new cloud and virtual form factors for its Endpoint Security solution. Available globally by third quarter of 2017, the new cloud and virtual offerings enable customers and partners additional flexibility for deployment and lower cost as they move to the cloud, the company claims.
5. Cloud Security Assessments: Tripwire Inc. has launched Cloud Management Assessor, which scans Amazon Web Services (AWS) to help partners and customers enforce cybersecurity and maintain compliance.
4. Funding, Part 1: WhiteSource, a New York and Tel Aviv, Israel—based provider of continuous open source software security and compliance management platform, raised $10 million in Series B financing, FinSMEs reported.
3. Funding, Part 2: Fusion Risk Management, Inc., a Chicago, IL-based provider of SaaS software for business continuity risk management, raised $41 million in Series C funding, FinSMEs also said.
2. Cloud-delivered Security: Palo Alto Networks has launched a GlobalProtect cloud service, which provides the Palo Alto Networks next-generation security infrastructure as a cloud-based service for remote offices and mobile users. We’re checking to see if the offering has a multi-tenant approach for MSSPs.