Managed Security Services Morning Update: 15 May 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, May 15, 2017:
7. M&A – Security & DevOps: CyberArk Software has acquired privately-held Conjur Inc., a provider of DevOps security software, for $42 million in cash.
6. Oracle Security Momentum: Oracle’s Identity-based, Security Operations Center (SOC) cloud services portfolio has attracted more than 1 million users since its launch six months ago, the company says. Oracle’s Identity SOC framework provides security monitoring, threat detection, analytics and remediation across heterogeneous, hybrid clouds. Early adopters include Edgile, Levi Strauss & Company, Marlette Funding, New Mexico Human Services Department, Nomis Solutions, Ooyala, Pragmatyxs and UBI Banca, the technology company says.
5. Ransomware Recovery: Most U.K. health facilities whose computer systems were crippled in a global cyberattack are back to normal operation, Bloomberg reported this morning.
4. But Ransomware Attack Continues: The massive WannaCry/WannaCrypt ransomware attack, which started May 12, continues to spread worldwide. Some Asia companies reported ransomware issues today (Monday) after unsuspecting users booted up machines and clicked on email attachments that contained the malware. These Microsoft Windows patches for current and old versions of the operating system can prevent the malware attacks.
3. Who Launched the Attacks?: One theory suggests a mysterious hacker group called Shadow Brokers is responsible for the ransomware attacks.
2. Talent – Managed Security Services: VirtualArmour President Matthew Brennan is stepping down from his post. In the interim, his responsibilities will be assumed by the current executive leadership team with oversight from Chairman Christopher Blisard and CEO Todd Kannegieter. Brennan did not say why he’s stepping down. VirtualArmour specializes in managed security services.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Monday, May 15 — just a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day later this month.