Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 03 October 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, October 3, 2017:
9 . Endpoint Security: VIPRE Security has launched VIPRE Endpoint Security — Cloud Edition, an endpoint security cloud solution for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Watch for additional VIPRE Cloud Edition offerings in the months ahead, the company hinted…
8. Intel IoT Security: Some major moves are here.
7. Free Firewall: Comodo has launched the Comodo Dome Firewall 2.0, an all-in-one Unified Threat Management (UTM) virtual appliance. PS: It’s free charge.
6. iPhone Hacking Tool: The FBI apparently has a secret hacking tool for Apple iPhones. Hmmm… We sort of wonder when that one will surface in a Shadow Brokers data dump…
5. HP Enterprise and Russia: Hewlett Packard Enterprise last year allowed a Russian defense agency to review the ArcSight’s source code. So what’s the problem? The Pentagon uses ArcSight — a SIEM platform — to guard its computer networks, Reuters reports. Controversy about the move may now extend to Micro Focus, which essentially acquired the software from HPE as part of a software spin-off earlier this year. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
4. Database Security: Oracle has launched version 18c of its database. The big twist? It includes some built-in, automated cybersecurity features.
3. Oracle & SAP Security: Spinnaker Support, working closely with Alert Logic, continues to bolster its managed security and vulnerability mitigation services for Oracle and SAP customers. We’ll share more thoughts later this week.
2. Security Audits and MSPs: You’re an MSP that wants to offer security audits — but you don’t have the know-how to do so. What’s the solution? VITECH claims it can offer cybersecurity audits on behalf of MSPs.