Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 05 December 2017
by Joe Panettieri • Dec 5, 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, December 5, 2017:
7. Hacker Trends: SafeBreach, a provider of Breach and Attack Simulation, today released the third edition of the Hacker’s Playbook Findings Report, which measures enterprise security trends from the point of view of an attacker. Among the findings: Malware infiltration success rates in excess of 60 percent, and the ability to successfully move laterally as high as 70 percent of the time.
6. Security Operations Center Part One: CyFlare, which runs a 24×7 security operations center for VARs, has added FFRI next-generation endpoint security solutions to its portfolio of managed security services.
5. Security Operations Center Part Two: ConnectWise has agreed to distribute Foresite’s Security Operations Center (SOC) services to its partner base. ConnectWise, which offers business management platforms for technology solutions providers and MSPs, has inked similar relationships with AlienVault and Arctic Wolf Networks in recent months. The move comes as ConnectWise rival Continuum builds out its own SOC, with general availability expected in the first half of 2018.
4. Security Operations Center Part Three: Speaking of SOCs, attend our December 14 webcast to learn whether VARs and MSPs are partnering or building their own SOCs — including key steps in each type of journey…
2. Partner Program: ForgeRock, which develops digital identity management solutions, has expanded its ForgeRock Trust Network partner program to engage technology partners. Launch partners include biid, Biometric Signature ID, Callsign, Duo, Entersekt, FaceTec, HYPR, InAuth, iovation, Intensity Analytics, InWebo, Nok Nok Labs, NoPassword, ProxToMe, SecureAuth, VeriClouds and Winkk.
1. Ransomware Mitigation: It looks like ExtraHop played a key role in mitigating a ransomware attack against an Ohio hospital…