Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 07 September 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, September 7, 2017:
9. Apple Developer Center Breach?: That could be the case…
8. Cyber War Games: European Union defense ministers tested their ability to respond to a potential attack by computer hackers in their first cyber war game on Thursday, based on a simulated attack on one of the bloc’s military missions abroad, Reuters reported.
7. Cybersecurity Education: Purdue University received the top ranking among 20 institutions for its multidisciplinary work in the area of cybersecurity, according to CyberDegrees.org, a Washington, D.C.-based publisher of informational websites on higher education.
6. Security Operations Center (SOC) Integration: Milton Security Group and Carbon Black are partnering to integrate Milton’s virtual Security Operations Center with MDR and Carbon Black’s CB Endpoint Security Platform.
5. MSSP Partnership: HoneyTek Systems, a boutique-oriented systems integrator with MSSP expertise, is partnering with behavioral biometrics specialist BioCatch. HoneyTek plans to deliver fraud prevention and behavioral biometrics solutions to its account base in Canada and abroad.
4. MSSP Revenues: SecureWorks revenues rose 12 percent to $116 million in Q2 fiscal 2018 vs. the corresponding quarter last year. We’ll share more details about the MSSP’s financial performance soon.
3. Sophos Momentum: Sophos raised its full-year forecast for the amount it bills its customers to growth of 20 percent, from a previous target of mid to high-teens, citing “strong momentum” over the first quarter, according to Reuters. The cybersecurity company has been working closely with MSSPs worldwide, while also emerging as an MSSP of sorts for smaller MSPs…
2. Webroot Names New CEO: The details are here.
1. Hurricane Irma: Our ongoing coverage of Hurricane Irma and associated business continuity efforts is here on ChannelE2E. For those in the storm’s potential path: Be safe.