Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 14 September 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, September 14, 2017:
5. Contract Win: Corero Network Security has won a “significant contract” for its flagship SmartWall Threat Defense System. A pharmaceutical company has selected Smartwall to mitigate distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. The deal could be worth $1.5 million over the next few quarters.
4. Equifax Breach Lawsuits: Massachusetts will be the first state to file suit against Equifax over the company’s most recent security breach. Dozens of lawsuits have already been filed against the company, which recently confirmed a breach that impacts more than 140 million people… The mess will likely get worse before it gets better. The evidence: Check out this report on Equifax’s sloppy security practices.
3. Scaling Cyber Security: MKACyber, a fast-growing MSSP, has about 50 employees — 30 of whom are cyber analysts in the company’s Security Operations Center (SOC), CEO Mischel Kwon tells MSSP Alert. How is the cyber security company scaling its business in a repeatable, sustainable way? The answer involves well-documented business processes. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Talent: Irish cyber security firm Integrity360 has promoted Eric Barkman to chief operations officer (COO) and Padraig Carley has joined as CFO. The MSSP has roughly 145 employees across its offices in Europe (London and Birmingham) and the U.S. (New York).
1. Top 100 Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs): See the complete list when we unveil it. Learn about the research. How? Register to attend our September 28 webcast.