Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 15 September 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, September 15, 2017:
5. Kaspersky to Testify: Kaspersky Lab CEO Eugene Kaspersky has accepted an invitation to testify before Congress on September 27. The U.S. government has barred Kaspersky’s security software from federal computers and networks, alleging the company has ties to Russia’s government. Kaspersky has repeatedly denied the claims.
4. Network Firewall Market: The Network Security Firewall Market will reach $4.8 billion by 2022, up from $2.65 billion in 2017. That’s a 12.5 compound annual growth rate, according to the latest Markets and Markets research.
3. Big Managed Security Services Contract: InfoReliance and McAfee have won a five-year, $182 million managed security services contract with the U.S. Army. InfoReliance will leverage McAfee’s technology across the Army’s global infrastructure and approximately 1.4 million endpoints. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Another MSSP Contract: VirtualArmour has secured a new managed security services contract with a national U.S.-based food distributor. The multi-year contract includes the combined provision of hardware, software and ongoing network monitoring, VirtualArmour said. Financial terms and the actual customer name were not disclosed. In other words file this one under “vague victory.”
1. Top 100 MSSPs: We’ve finalized the research and our list of the Top 100 Managed Security Services Providers. Where can you find it? See the entire list for the first time during our September 28 webcast. Register now.