Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 17 November 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, November 17, 2017:
5. Retail Breach?: Forever 21 is notifying its customers that it recently received a report from a third party that suggested there may have been unauthorized access to data from payment cards that were used at certain Forever 21 stores, according to a company statement.
4. Partner Program: Insignary, an open source software company focused on security and compliance, has unveiled the Insignary Channel Partner Program for MSPs, resellers and auditors.
3. Cyber Talent: New York City announced Thursday it is seeking private partners for an expansive economic development program to encourage cybersecurity research and attract talent in the region, StateScoop reported.\
2. Security Conference: The Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit is set for Nov. 28 in Las Vegas. MSSP Alert will be in town part of the week. If you’d like to potentially meet then please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).
1. Amazon AWS re:Invent: We’ll be there Nov. 29-30. Several dozen security announcements from third-party partners are expected… Stay tuned for live coverage of the conference — perhaps even before it starts.