Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 18 October 2017
by Joe Panettieri • Oct 18, 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, October 18, 2017:
9. Comprehensive Asset Protection: Vision Solutions, a major IBM partner, is blending the worlds if managed resilience, security, high availability and disaster recovery. The details are here.
8. M&A: Splunk has acquired SignalSense as part of its push toward cloud-based advanced data collection and breach detection solutions that leverage machine learning. Financial terms were not disclosed.
7. Funding: Duo Security, a SaaS-based information security provider, has raised $70 million in additional financing led by Meritech Capital Partners and Lead Edge Capital. The Series D round also included new investors, Geodesic Capital and Index Ventures, as well as existing investors Redpoint Ventures and True Ventures. A new strategic partner, Workday, also participated in the round. The company’s post-money valuation is $1.17 billion, Duo said.
6. GDPR Guidance: Optiv Security, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, has launched a suite of solutions and services that help companies minimize their breach risk for GDPR compliance while leveraging their existing security investments.
4. Talent Part Two: Fortinet veteran Genevieve White has joined Telstra…
3. Google Boosts Email Security: Get all the details here.
1. Partner Program: DFLabs, which specializes in security automation and orchestration, has launched the DFLabs Global Partner Network for cyber security service providers including MSSPs, resellers and distributors. We’ll share more details soon…