Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 29 November 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, November 29, 2017:
9. Cyber Attack Victim: British shipping services provider Clarkson on Wednesday said it was the victim of a cyber security hack and warned that the person or persons behind the attack may release some data shortly, Reuters said.
8. Bank Hacks: Global banks need to do more to protect themselves from cyberattacks after a “significant evolution” in the threat level in the last 18 months, according to the SWIFT global payments network, Bloomberg reported.
7. Cyber Insurance: Peace Hills Insurance and The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada (BI&I) have partnered to introduce to two new cyber risk coverages – CyberOne and Data Compromise. Both coverages are currently available to commercial clients, the companies say.
6. Kaspersky Lab Leader: Kaspersky Lab CEO Eugene Kaspersky says he he would “quit Russia” if the country’s intelligence agencies ever asked his company to spy for it, Reuters reported. The U.S. Government has purged Kaspersky’s software from federal networks amid fears that the anti-virus company somehow has connections to Russia’s government. Kaspersky has repeatedly denied the claims.
5. Global Threat Landscape Report: You can see the latest findings in this Fortinet report…
4. SMB Security: Guard Depot, a division of eMazzanti Technologies and WatchGuard Authorized Online Reseller, has launched an e-commerce website (guarddepot.com). The new site offers enterprise-grade cyber security technology from WatchGuard at affordable price points for small and midsize enterprises, Guard Depot claims.
3. Midmarket MSSP: Zeneth, an IT security firm with a strong focus on the federal market and previously known as Zeneth Technology Partners, has expanded into the commercial market with ZenOpz — an MSSP designed and priced to help protect small and mid-sized businesses from the same threats faced by larger enterprises—at an affordable monthly rate, the company claims.
2. AWS Threat Detection Service: Amazon has launched Amazon GuardDuty, a fully managed intelligent threat detection service that helps customers protect their AWS accounts and workloads by continuously monitoring account activity for malicious or unauthorized behavior. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Live from Amazon AWS re:Invent: We’re blogging live today and Thursday from the Amazon re:Invent conference in Las Vegas. AWS Security: Track all security-related AWS coverage on MSSP Alert here. AWS Partner Updates: Track all partner-related coverage here on ChannelE2E.