Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 29 September 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, September 29, 2017:
8. Security Operations Center: Continuum is expected to unveil a Security Operations Center (SOC) strategy for MSPs next week at the company’s Navigate 2017 conference in Las Vegas. We’ll be on hand to cover and analyze the news…
7. Office 365 Email Security: Trend Micro has integrated XGen security capabilities into its SaaS-based email security solutions — including Cloud App Security and Hosted Email Security. On a related note, those offerings are now bundled as Smart Protection for Office 365. XGen is Trend Micro’s slang for going beyond “next-gen” security technology…
6. Financial Services Cyber Security: NC4 has launched the Cyber Defense Network for the Financial Services Industry (CDN/FS). The new program will include STIX/TAXII -based community cyber threat intelligence sharing among members coupled with defensive action capabilities that individual member companies can use, the organization says. We’ll share more details soon.
5. Mac Security Holes: Many Apple Macs are open to hacks like “Thunderstrike” because proper firmware updates haven’t been deployed, according to Duo Lab. The details are here.
4. Risk Management Services: Rsam, a provider of integrated risk management software, has launched managed services to help customers fill resource gaps when it comes to managing their technology platform.
3. Managed Detection and Response: Ziften has launched managed detection and response (MDR) services that span assessment, hunting and response capabilities, We’ll share more details soon…
2. Cyber Portfolio: ITsavvy has launched a managed security suite that spans threat intelligence, network security, analysis, social engineering and security compliance analysis.
1. Top 100 MSSPs Revealed: In case you missed it, our Top 100 Managed Security Services Providers List and Research for 2017 are now available here.