Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 31 October 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, October 31, 2017:
5. Fake News, Real Hearings: Facebook, Twitter and Alphabet’s Google head before U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday for two days of grueling hearings on how Russia allegedly used their services to try to sway the 2016 U.S. election, Reuters notes.
4. USB Stick: A USB device, containing 2.5GB of confidential Heathrow security data, was reportedly found lying in the street in west London, according to International Business Times.
3. Cyber Insurance: To ensure that customers are covered if they become victim of a security breach, the American International Group (AIG) will include cyber coverage to its commercial casualty insurance during the first quarter of 2018, according to CISO Magazine.
2. Cisco Security Strategy: It’s a safe bet Cisco will update its cybersecurity strategy this week during Cisco Partner Summit in Dallas. Stay tuned for updates.
1. MSP Security Operations Centers: Learn how to build or partner for security operations center (SOC) services. We’ll cover that and more during our December 14 webcast. Register now to join us.