Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 05 December 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. Research – Cyberattacks Target Manufacturing Firms: Nearly half of Britain’s manufacturers (42%) have been a victim of cyber-crime over the last 12 months according to new research, Cyber Security: UK manufacturing, published today by Make UK, the manufacturers’ organization and BlackBerry Limited.
3. Research – SOCaaS Market Forecast: The global SOC-as-a-Service market is expected to reach $11.8 billion by 2032, which represents a 24.3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to Future Market Insights.
4. Ransomware Group Investigation: The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced that the Cyber Safety Review Board (CSRB) will review the recent attacks associated with Lapsus$, a global extortion-focused hacker group.
5. Partnership Mobile Threat Defense: BlackBerry and Samsung are partnering to enhance mobile threat protection.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)