Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 06 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Funding – Security Unicorn: Perimeter 81 has raised $100 million in Series C funding led by B Capital, with the participation of Insight Partners, Toba Capital, ION Crossover Ventures, Entrée Capital and publicly-traded Spring Ventures led by Aviv Refuah. The network security company is now valued at more than $1 billion, Perimeter 81 indicated.
2. Funding – SaaS Application Security: AppOmni has raised $70 million in a Series C funding led by Thoma Bravo. existing investors Scale Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, ClearSky, and Costanoa Ventures participated in the round.
3. MSPs and Incident Response: The new ConnectWise Incident Response service is now available to MSPs, the company announced ahead of this week’s IT Nation Secure conference in Orlando, Florida.
5. Executive Leadership: Cyware, which serves enterprises and MSSPs, has named Matt Courchesne as head of channel, North America, and Shashi Nair, partner account manager for North America.
6. Risk Hunting: Reveald, a leading provider of managed security defense services, has launched an Exposure Management solution. The service features a “Risk Hunting” approach that “stops potential infiltration by isolating the attack paths, identifying the ones with the highest risk based on business context and prioritizing them for exposure remediation,” Reveald indicated.
7. Partnership – Google Cloud Security: Digital Hands is partnering with Google Cloud to provide “detection and response capabilities in the cybersecurity XDR services market.” The combined capabilities support “investigation, protection, and response against cyber threats,” the companies said.
8. Partner Program – Cloud-Native Application Security: Apiiro has launched the Apiiro Partner Program, which provides support for technology, consulting, and reseller partners across the Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) ecosystem, the company indicated.
9. MSSP Partnership: CyberMaxx is the first company to be named an Elite MSSP Partner with Cloud Range, the cybersecurity simulation training solution, the two companies indicated.
10. Integration: Talon Cyber Security now integrates with CrowdStrike to “enable joint customers to extend endpoint protection to unmanaged devices used by employees, contractors and other third parties,” the firms indicated.
11. Louisiana Ransomware Attack: Louisiana state officials are investigating an AlphaV ransomware attack affecting Alexandria, a 50,000-person city about two hours outside of Baton Rouge, The Record reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar