Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 21 April 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2022: Our sister site, ChannelE2E, will unveil this year’s list and research during today’s webcast. Join us live or on-demand.
2. Google-Mandiant – M&A Deal Under Scrutiny: The U.S. Justice Department has made a second request for information about Google’s pending buyout of Mandiant…
3. Executive Leadership – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): HelpSystems has named Onkar Birk as managing director for the Alert Logic business. HelpSystems acquired Alert Logic in March 2022. Birk previously was COO and CTO of Alert Logic. He essentially succeeds former Alert Logic CEO John Post, who apparently exited the business once HelpSystems acquired the MDR provider.
5. Executives – Multi-Cloud Security: Fortanix announced three new executive hires…
- Connie Chung as vice president of legal;
- Joe Hold as chief revenue officer; and
- Shashi Kiran as chief marketing officer.
6. Incident Response: Cybereason has unveiled Cybereason DFIR (Digital Forensics Incident Response), a solution designed to “automate incident response (IR) investigations by incorporating nuanced forensics artifacts into threat hunting, reducing remediation time by enabling security analysts to contain cyberattacks in minutes,” the company said. . Seed Funding:
7. Funding – Threat Intelligence: alphaMountain.ai has raised $2.7 million in seed funding led by Mercato Partners’ Prelude Fund. The company’s platform already integrates with Cisco SecureX, ReversingLabs, Cyware and Maltego, among others.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar