Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 21 February 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Product Launch: Orca Security, a provider of agentless cloud security, announced that its Orca Cloud Security Platform will include ThreatOptix’s agent-based runtime protection and enforcement for cloud-native applications. The new features in the Orca Platform will be delivered via a strategic partnership with ThreatOptix, where all agent deployments and policy management will be fully integrated into the Orca Platform and sold as a single platform.
2. Cybersecurity Partnership: Perimeter 81 has partnered with TD SYNNEX to makes its platform available to more organizations in need. “Our platform is a one-stop shop that doesn’t require additional hardware, so MSPs and VARs can fulfill the necessity of building secure networks for their customers that result in quick and demonstrable success,” said Richard Farbman, vice president of Channel Sales at Perimeter 81.
3. Product Launch: Lacework, a cloud security company, has released high-fidelity composite alerts on the Lacework Polygraph Data Platform to help customers detect compromised credentials, cloud ransomware and crypto mining. Lacework generates an alert with full context and actionable data that makes it easy for SOC teams to quickly respond to specific cloud threats across data sources.
4. Leadership Moves: Managed IT and cybersecurity service provider VC3 announced that Ryan Vestby has been named chief executive officer. Sandy Reeser, who has been the company’s CEO since 2017. will transition to chairman of the board.
5. Industry Recognition: CyberArk, an identity security specialist, was named an Overall Leader in the KuppingerCole Analysts AG 2023 “Leadership Compass: Privileged Access Management.” CyberArk’s leadership position is based on consistently demonstrated excellence across product, innovation and market leadership categories, the company said.
6. Cybersecurity Education: Lenovo has established the Lenovo Cybersecurity Innovation Center (LCIC) in cooperation with Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, an Israel-based cybersecurity research institution. The Lenovo center will focus on zero trust architecture innovation in hardware and below-OS security, as well as serve as a hub for the development of next-generation security solutions.
7. Product Launch: AnzenSage is delivering new cybersecurity solutions to the food industry. “Without proper cybersecurity measures in place, the food industry is vulnerable to cyberattacks that can compromise sensitive information, disrupt operations, and even put public health at risk,” said Kristin Demoranville, CEO and founder of AnzenSage.
8. Product Launch: Summit 7, a provider of cybersecurity and compliance solutions for the aerospace and defense industry, has announced its new managed service provider (MSP) offerings focused on contractors in the defense industry. The revamp focuses on its managed services offering, Guardian, and the release of its managed security services offering, Vigilance,
9. New Malware Identified: A new information stealer called Stealc has emerged on the dark web, gaining traction due to aggressive promotion of stealing capabilities and similarities with malware of the same kind, such as Vidar, Raccoon, Mars and Redline. Security researchers at cyber threat intelligence company SEKOIA spotted the new strain in January and noticed it started to gain traction in early February. (Source: Bleeping Computer)
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)