Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 26 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Channel Chief – Breach and Attack Simulations: AttackIQ has hired Menlo Security and LogRhythm veteran John Brown as head of global channel.
2. Talent – ML and AI Security: HiddenLayer has formed a Synaptic Adversarial Intelligence (SAI) team to “raise awareness surrounding the threats facing machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) systems,” the company said.
3. Cyber Talent: Cloud Range has introduced a “cognitive assessment to help security and HR leaders optimize the cybersecurity hiring process and make the right hiring choice.” The offering is known as the Cloud Range RightTrak Cyber Aptitude Assessment.
5. Integrations: New connections include…
- TrustMAPP now integrates with Cisco Secure Cloud Insights, a cyber asset attack surface management (CAASM) platform. The partnership will “make it easier for security teams to measure not only cloud posture but also generate a maturity posture with financial forecasting for remediation of identified risks and non-compliance of controls across cloud assets.” Yes, we know that sentence — attributed to TrustMAPP — was a mouthful.
- Malwarebytes now integrates with Revelstoke to help “customers better automate and address priority vulnerabilities with the greatest potential impact to their organizations,” the companies said.
6. Venture Capital: Cyberstarts, a venture capital firm, has closed the Cyberstarts Seed Fund III with $60 million committed capital. The firm previously raised $200 million for a new opportunity fund in February 2022, bringing total assets under management to $374 million. Also, former Splunk CEO Doug Merritt has been named chair of Sunpeak, a new go-to-market (GTM) advisory board.
7. Ransomware Group Activity: The RedAlert and Monster multi-platform ransomware groups are gaining momentum, Kaspersky asserts.
8. Standards – Threat Intelligence: Cyware, threat intelligence technology provider for ISACs and ISAOs, has adopted the Traffic Light Protocol (TLP) standard version 2.0 to step up threat intelligence sharing capabilities within and between organizations, the firm said.
9. Free Browser Security: ReasonLabs has launched Online Browser Security, which “provides real-time, 24/7 protection against malicious URLs, phishing, harmful extensions, suspicious downloads, intrusive cookies and trackers, unauthorized notifications, and pop-ups,” the company said.
10. Research: Recent findings include…
- Nation-State Cyberattacks: Fully 64% of businesses suspect they’ve been targeted or impacted by nation-state attacks, according to Venafi research.
- Healthcare IT Security: Critical Insight has released the H1 2022 Healthcare Data Breach Report, which analyzes breach data reported to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services by healthcare organizations.
11. Quantum Computing: Multiple updates…
- Quantum Security Alliance: QuintessenceLabs is now a member of the Quantum Security Alliance (QSA) Strategic Information Sharing Partnership (SISP) program. The QSA, established in December 2018, and has been working to provide context to the emerging security landscape for Quantum Computing (QC).
- CISA Guidance – Quantum Computing and Security: When quantum computers reach higher levels of computing power and speed, they will be capable of breaking public key cryptography, threatening the security of business transactions, secure communications, digital signatures, and customer information, the CISA warned in an insights piece.
12. Africa Cybersecurity: A new African Centre for Coordination and Research in Cybersecurity will monitor, detect, and share cybersecurity intelligence with African governments, policy makers, law enforcement, and security agencies, the World Economic Forum reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar