Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Morning News: 01 August 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, August 1, 2017:
5. Hacked – HBO: HBO apparently got hacked, and some Game of Thrones content apparently left the building…
4. Hacked – FireEye: A FireEye researcher in Israel had several of his online accounts hacked by unknown attackers, but the breach did not appear to involve any company systems, FireEye says.
3. Talent – Channel: Kaspersky Lab North America has named Jason Stein as VP of channel. Stein is responsible for growing Kaspersky Lab North America’s partner community, leading the company’s team of B2B channel professionals and developing new approaches to channel operations to enhance the partner experience in the region. He reports to Alexander Moiseev, chief sales officer.
2. MSP Security Software: Avast has launched a new AVG Managed Workplace solution. It includes site security assessment capabilities for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). MSPs can perform real-time security assessments and consolidate the data into easy-to-read reports that prescribe solutions for issues, Avast asserts
1. Live From ChannelCon: Our team remains at CompTIA ChannelCon today in Austin, Texas. We’ll post MSSP-centric updates on MSSP Alert. Plus, partner-centric updates continue to surface on our sister site, ChannelE2E.