Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Morning News: 16 June 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, June 16, 2017:
7. Simplified Security?: AlienVault CEO Barmak Meftah is spending considerable time on simplified security solutions for customers. Here’s why.
6. IoT Security: Zvelo is beta testing an IoT security solution that involves anomaly detection. We’ll share more details later today.
5. Talent: Xantrion, a midmarket MSP, has promoted Stephen Ferrero to security and compliance architect. Ferrero is working closely with Xantrion’s CTO to refine and update Xantrion’s managed security service, the company says.
4. Cloud and Identity Management: Keep a close eye on Ping’s identity management moves — especially as they pertain to Microsoft Azure Active Directory. Event Alert: Ping is set to host a major conference next week. We’ll share more thoughts later today.
3. Cybersecurity Investments: Keep a close eye on SixThirty Cyber, a cybersecurity startup accelerator that’s making multiple investments…
2. Funding: Delta Risk LLC, a top managed security services provider, has successfully completed a growth capital financing to support continued organic growth and strategic expansion. I don’t think financial terms were disclosed but we’re poking around for more details. PS: Delta Risk’s Matt Kuznia offers these tips on cybersecurity skills all IT professionals should master.
1. Next Week: We’re attending ConnectWise Automation Nation 2017, a gathering of MSPs that run the company’s RMM (remote monitoring and management) software. While not a pure security conference, we expect to meet with Webroot and several other major cybersecurity companies at the show. If you’d like to potentially meet at the event please email me: [email protected].