Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Morning News: 24 July 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, July 24, 2017
6. First ‘Click Fraud’ Trial?: In a trial that starts Monday, U.S. prosecutors will accuse Fabio Gasperini, a 34-year-old Italian citizen living in Rome, of directing a network of computer servers around the world to carry out “click fraud,” in which hackers defraud advertising companies by getting payment for fake clicks on online ads, The Wall Street Journal reports. Moreover, this appears to be the first click fraud case in the U.S. to go to trial, the report says.
5. Wallet Software Hack: Parity has issued a security alert for version 1.5 or later of its wallet software. So far, 150,000 ethers, worth $30 million (£23 million), have been stolen, Business Insider says.
4. Security Operations: Siemplify has launched ThreatNexus 2.0, a new version of the company’s security operations center (SOC) software. ThreatNexus focuses mainly on security orchestration and automation. Key adopters include SOC providers, MSSPs and enterprise customers. We’ll share more thoughts later today.
3. Google Mobile Security: Keep an eye on the new Google Play Protect service, which aims to safeguard Google Android devices and associated applications. We’ll share more thoughts later today.
2. Cybersecurity Road Show: The SaaSMax Cybersecurity Channel Road Show makes its next stops in Chicago (September 21) and Atlanta (October 25). The evening events educate MSPs and channel partners about security as a service offerings in the SMB sector. Can’t make it to one of those events? Catch up with SaaSMax at the CompTIA ChannelCon 2017 conference next week in Austin, Texas.
1. Black Hat And Def Con: MSSP Alert is set to cover the massive Black Hat USA 2017 conference this week in Las Vegas. But that’s not all. We’ll continue our coverage as the Def Con 25 conference also unfolds in Las Vegas.