Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Morning News: 26 July 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, July 26, 2017:
6. Black Hat Live Blog: As a reminder, we’re blogging live from the Black Hat USA 2017 conference today (Wednesday) and Thursday. Our schedule is packed but if you’d like to potentially grab an evening drink (my preference: coffee) feel free to email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.
5. Risk Management, Part I: Sword Active Risk, a supplier of specialist risk management software and services, has launched a Deal Registration program. Independent Risk Consultants can introduce Active Risk Manager (ARM) to projects and receive a referral fee.
4. Risk Management, Part 2: RiskIQ has launched RiskIQ Digital Footprint Snapshot, which provides organizations with an automated, on-demand intelligence report of their Internet-facing digital assets that reside outside the firewall, the company claims. For a no-cost preview, organizations can log into RiskIQ Community Edition.
3. Security Playbooks: ThreatConnect, which specializes in security orchestration and automation, is making a major Playbooks push. The Playbooks enable automation of almost any cybersecurity task to run across multiple environments including cloud, office networks, or virtual, the company claims. We’ll share more details after our meeting today with TheatConnect at the Black Hat conference.
2. ServiceNow Partnership: ForeScout Technologies Inc. and ServiceNow are partnering to help customers gain visibility of assets for better asset management, improved compliance and accelerated response to security incidents. Among the key offerings: ForeScout Extended Module for ServiceNow, which offers a “single-source-of-truth repository” that improves asset compliance and security response capabilities, the companies claim. Multiple vendors, by the way, are promoting ServiceNow partnerships at the Black Hat conference.
1. Today’s Black Hat Meetings: Stay tuned for highlights from our Black Hat meetings today with a range of companies and organizations — including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Cybereason, MalwareBytes, Masergy, ThreatConnect, WatchGuard and more…