Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Morning News: 27 June 2017
by Joe Panettieri • Jun 27, 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, June 27, 2017:
6. IoT Venture Fund: Trend Micro has started a $100 million venture fund to invest in IoT (Internet of Things) startups.
5. Funding: Upstream Security, a cloud-based cyber-security platform for connected and autonomous vehicles, has raised $2 million in seed funding, led by Glilot Capital Partners.
4. Layoffs: Even in the fast-growing cybersecurity market, rising tides don’t lift all boats. To wit, identity management company SureID plans to lay off another 97 employees by July 17. The company has made multiple cuts this past year. Total headcount will shrink to 148, down sharply from 445 last year, according to BizJournals.
3. Email Security: Looks like McAfee and Cisco continue to work together on interoperability for email security.
2. Network Security: Lumeta Corp. is rolling out network, endpoint and cloud infrastructure security solutions that network anomalies in real-time. We’re checking to see if there’s an associated MSSP strategy.
1. Security Operations Center: TPx Communications has made a “significant” investment in a Security Operations Center (SOC) in St. Louis. Supported by a nationwide team of security analysts, TPx’s SOC provides 24/7/365 protection and mitigation against ransomware, DDoS attacks and an increasingly sophisticated panoply of threats to business information and security, the company claims.