Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 August 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
11. Managed Identity Services: Rackspace is now a cloud hosting provider for SailPoint, offering managed services for enterprises that want to deploy SailPoint’s IdentityIQ or SecurityIQ in Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure environments.
9. Multi-Factor Authentication: OneLogin has upgraded its Unified Access Management platform with more Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) capabilities.
8. Momentum: Cavirin Systems, which develops a CyberPosture Intelligence platform to assist corporate compliance and risk mitigation efforts, appears to be gaining momentum. The company’s bookings grew more than 100 percent between the first and second quarters of 2018, and several new hires are propelling the business forward, Cavirin says. Names to know include Tom Hance (VP of worldwide sales and field operations); Mukul Kumar (CISO and VP of cyber practice); and Joe Kucic as chief security officer.
7. Government Contract: The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has awarded three companies spots on a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) worth up to $551 million over five years to provide McAfee products across the DoD. Partners involved in the win include EC America (immixGroup, an Arrow Company), DLT Solutions and International Systems Marketing (ISM). The deal comes amid a McAfee reorganization that involved some channel changes.
6. Security Operations Automation: ThreatConnect has upgraded its platform to ease security operations process automation and integration, the company says.
5. Security Operations Center: Symantec has expanded its security operations center (SOC) in Chennai, India. The announcement comes the same week that BT announced its own SOC expansion in the region.
4. Ransomware: SamSam malware has triggered almost $6 million in ransomware demands worldwide, according to Sophos research. How much did the victims actually pay? Hmmm….
3. Talent: WhiteHat Security has hired CA Technologies, Gartner, and Veracode veteran Joseph Feiman as chief strategy officer, reporting to CEO Craig Hinkley.
2. MSSP Services: Collabrance has added Security Information Event Management (SIEM) and Vulnerability & Penetration (VUL/PEN) testing to the company’s MSSP offerings for SMB partners. We’ll share more details soon.