Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday morning, February 1, 2019.
10. Check Point Software Conference: The cybersecurity company’s CPX 360 Americas conference kicks off February 4 in Las Vegas. We’ll be watching closely for partner program updates — especially now that former VMware Channel Chief Frank Rauch has joined the company.
9. Cyberattack Doomsday Scenario: A report co-sponsored by Lloyd’s of London paints a chilling scenario for how a worldwide cyberattack could trigger economic losses of some $200 billion for companies and government agencies ill-equipped to deflect a very plausible ransomware attack designed to sweep across the globe, Security Boulevard notes…
8. Cyber Insurance Coverage Flaws: Here are some potential cyber insurance shortcomings to keep in mind.
7. Airbus Data Breach: The jetliner business suffered this breach...
6. European Union Scrutinizes Huawei: The situation continues to intensify for Huawei. Meanwhile, Deutsche Telekom has proposed a 5G security plan to certify Huawei network gear for use. Numerous countries are worried that Huawei’s gear potentially allows China’s government to spy on users and governments worldwide. Huawei has denied the claims.
5. Talent – Mobile Threat Defense: Zimperium has hired Optiv veteran Madhav Sonthalia as chief product officer. He previously was global VP of Innovation at Optiv, where he oversaw engineering for MSSP, cloud security, SOC and additional services.
4. Growth – Network Security: Lastline, a provider of AI-powered network security, generated 114 percent year-over-year (YoY) growth in new business sales. The company did not, however, disclose actual revenue and profit figures.
3, M&A – Cybersecurity Service Provider: Orange has acquired SecureData, the largest independent cybersecurity service provider in the UK. SecureData’s cyber solutions are designed to assess risks, detect threats, protect customer’s IT assets and respond to security incidents. The deal includes a well-known consulting arm named SensePost. SecureData has grown roughly 20 percent annually since 2016.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.