Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 March 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, March 1, 2018:
10. SonicWall MSSP Strategy: SonicWall Chief Revenue Officer Steve Pataky outlines the security company’s MSSP partner strategy here. The deeply detailed blog explained the partner opportunity, MSSP market evolution, and associated opportunities for SonicWall partners.
9. Memcrashed Attacks: In a technique known as “memcrashed,” attackers are leveraging misconfigured memcashed servers to amplify DDoS attacks, according to multiple reports.
8. Momentum: Attivo Networks revenue jumped 300 percent in 2017 vs. 20167, the cybersecurity solutions company says. On the partner front, Attivo now integrates with more than 25 platforms. Plus, a Splunk application along with API compatibility for additional SOC operation integrations are available.
7. Living In Denial: Nearly 50 percent of cybersecurity professionals rarely change their security strategy substantially – even after experiencing a cyber attack, according to CyberArk research findings.
6. Talent: Endpoint security specialist Carbon Black has promoted Kane Lightowler to senior vice president of Americas field sales, a new role based in Palo Alto, California. Lightowler previously was Carbon Black’s VPt & managing director, Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ). Matt Bennett succeeds Lightowler in the APJ role.
5. Breach Notification Law: The Nebraska legislature last week unanimously passed a data breach notification bill that requires entities to take reasonable security measures with personal information.
4. Beyond Cyber Insurance: QBE North America, an integrated specialist insurer, has added data breach planning services in all Cyber policies, giving policyholders a simplified approach to the development of an actionable cyber breach response plan, the company claims
3. Partnership Part One: Tenable and ServiceNow have inked a Strategic Security Alliance that aligns the Tenable Cyber Exposure Platform and ServiceNow Security Operations. The goal: Simplify and accelerate the way enterprises and government organizations understand, manage, and reduce cyber risk.
2. Partnership Part Two: SentinelOne has unveiled next-generations with Fortinet at the Accelerate 18 conference. Fortinet, meanwhile, introduced more than 200 new capabilities for partners and customers at the conference.
1. Partnership Part Three: ConnectWise Marketplace now offers Cylance endpoint security solutions to ConnectWise’s global partner base of more than 21,000 managed services providers (MSPs) and technology solutions providers (TSPs). The partnership connects CylancePROTECT and CylanceOPTICS with ConnectWise Manage and ConnectWise Automate. Manage and Automate offer RMM (remote monitoring and management) and PSA (professional services automation) capabilities. The parrtnership comes as Cylance ramps up its MSSP engagements, and ConnectWise builds partnerships with numerous cybersecurity companies. Other recent ConnectWise relationships and/or integrations include AlienVault, Arctic Wolf, Foresite and StratoZen.