Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 October 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, October 1, 2018.
6. Partnership – Storage: STEALTHbits Technologies is OEMing IBM’s Security Guardium Data Protection solution support to major NAS (network-attached storage) platforms from NetApp, EMC, Hitachi and others, and to SharePoint platforms.
5. Research Center: A Kissimme, Florida-based sensor research facility wants to establish a new cybersecurity center for microelectronics using $30 million from the defense-spending bill approved by Congress last week, Government Technology reports.
4. College Security Operations Center (SOC): Marist College has opened a Security Operations Center (SOC), and is one of just a few colleges in the northeast to offer a cybersecurity major, the college says. Disclosure: I’m a Marist alum.
3. DDoS Attacks Target Universities: More than 850 distributed denial of service attacks targeted UK universities during the 2017-2018 academic year. Were students and staff behind the bulk of the attacks?
2. MSSPs and Blockchain: What’s the potential connection? A Westcon-Comstor expert offers thoughts here.
1. This Week’s Conferences: MSSP Alert will closely track cybersecurity partner news this week at:
If you’ve got news to share from those gatherings please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).