Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 April 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Monday, April 2, 2018:
7. Funding: Critical Informatics, a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services startup, has raised $2 million in new funding.
6. Financial Services: The Philippine central bank has sounded an alert to local financial institutions following a cyber attack at the Malaysian central bank, in which hackers sought to steal money using fraudulent wire transfers, New Straights Times said on Saturday.
5. Global Email Privacy: The U.S. government’s Supreme Court battle with Microsoft over whether technology companies can be forced to hand over data stored overseas could be nearing its end, after federal prosecutors asked that the case be dismissed, Reuters reports. President Donald Trump on March 22 signed a provision into law making it clear that U.S. judges can issue warrants for such data, while giving companies an avenue to object if the request conflicts with foreign law, the report says.
4. Retail Credit Card Breach: Hudson’s Bay on Sunday disclosed that it was the victim of a payment card security breach at Saks and Lord & Taylor stores in North America.
3. Talent: Cylance has named Grant Johnson as chief marketing officer (CMO) and Kumud Kalia as chief information officer (CIO). The company also promoted Eric Cornelius to chief product officer (CPO). We’ll share more thoughts soon.
2. SolarWinds MSP Security Center: SolarWinds MSP has launched a cybersecurity center to help partners safeguard customer assets while building security practices.
1. Top 100 MSSPs Survey: Our Top 100 MSSPs Survey for 2018 is now open. Participate now and your company could be recognized and ranked among the world’s top MSSPs when we unveil research, results and the complete list in September.