Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 February 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, February 2, 2018:
9. Crypto Warnings Ignored?: Japan’s financial regulator on Friday swooped on Coincheck with surprise checks of its systems and said it had asked the Tokyo-based cryptocurrency exchange to fix flaws in its computer networks well before hackers stole $530 million of digital money last week, Reuters says.
8. HIPAA Breaches, Fines: Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) recently agreed to a $3.5 million OCR settlement following allegations that it committed HIPAA violations on five different occasions at separate FMCNA covered entities, HealthIT Scurity reports.
7. M&A: Bomgar has acquired Lieberman Software, a provider of privileged identity and credential management software.
- ADT Cybersecurity has hired Jimmy Treuting as senior VP of sales and marketing…
- RiskSense, which focuses on threat and vulnerability management, has hired Frank Brown as the company’s CFO and Brian Stern as VP of global sales.
4. Office 365 Security: Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365, a new SaaS offering, has surfaced to bolster Microsoft Exchange security. The offering leverages machine learning and real-time cloud-based threat intelligence, Kaspersky Lab says.
3. Market Forecast: The managed security services market size will reach $33.67 billion by 2021, up from $17.01 billion in 2016, according to Research and Reports. That’s a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.5 percent.
1. Meltdown, Spectre Malware: The vulnerabilities remain troublesome. Now, the threats have started… We’ll share more thoughts soon.