Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 April 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, April 3, 2018:
10. SonicWall Momentum: CEO Bill Conner and Chief Revenue Officer Steve Pataky share updates — including partner metrics & executive hires — here.
9. Piling On – Facebook Privacy: Nigeria’s government will investigate allegations of improper involvement by political consultancy Cambridge Analytica in the country’s 2007 and 2015 elections, Reuters says. Cambridge Analytica caused a firestorm for using Facebook member data as part of its work with for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign…
8. Partnership Part One: CyberDefenses, a provider of military-grade cybersecurity managed services, has embraced AlienVault to further bolster the company’s managed detection and response capabilities. Through this partnership, CyberDefenses adds AlienVault’s Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS), Host IDS (HIDS) and Vulnerability scanning capabilities to the suite of tools its 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC) team uses to identify and respond to cybersecurity threats, the company says.
7. Partnership Part Two: RiskSense and WhiteHat Sentinel Dynamic have integrated their platforms, allowing partners and customers to “continuously identify vulnerabilities and correlate them with external threat data to assess their business criticality and prioritize remediation,” the companies say.
6. Partner Program: RedSeal, which specializes in network modeling and cyber risk scoring, has bolstered the RedSeal Partner Program – providing partners with additional support, enablement and profit opportunities, the company claims.
5. Talent: Here’s a closer look at multiple Cylance executive hires, and the implications for security partners.
4. M&A – Mobile Security: Qualys has acquired the software assets of 1Mobility, Singapore. The result: Qualys customers can create and update an inventory of mobile devices on all versions of Android, iOS and Windows Mobile in their environment; continuously assess their security and compliance posture, while quarantining devices that are compromised or out-of-compliance. It also allows Qualys to extend its PCI certification to mobile devices.
3. M&A – MSSP Part One: Critical Start has completed the buyout of Threat Analytics, essentially empowering the MSSP and MDR specialist with a mobile-first, zero-trust platform.
2. M&A – MSSP Part Two: ITC Secure, an MSSP, has acquired SBD Advisors (SBD), a Washington D.C based strategic advisory firm. Here are deeper details.
1. Top 100 MSSPs Survey: Our Top 100 MSSPs Survey for 2018 is now open. Participate now and your company could be recognized and ranked among the world’s top MSSPs when we unveil research, results and the complete list in September.