Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 August 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, August 3, 2018.
9. SOC Automation: Securonix has unveiled SNYPR Security Analytics version 6.2 with ResponseBot – which provides SOC automation capabilities to security analysts.
8. SOC & SOAR: DFLabs has launched a new version of IncMan SOAR. It offers automated event triage to reduce the number of security incidents generated from alerts. That new feature is dubbed START (Simple Triage And Rapid Treatment) Triage.
7. SAP Application Security: CyberArk has launched an SAP-certified CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution. The offering strengthens security across SAP environments, including SAP ERP systems, by protecting against privileged access-related risk and credential compromise, the company says. The offering emerges amid Department of Homeland Security (DHS) warnings about cyberattacks targeting SAP- and Oracle-based ERP systems.
6. Arrests: Three alleged members of an international hacking group known as FIN7 have been arrested for cybercrimes targeting over 100 retailers, including chains like Chili’s, Chipotle and Arby’s, CNN reports.
5. SMB Services: Technology Concepts & Design Inc. (TCDI) has unveiled CyberPulse 365, a managed security service for SMB customers that spans SIEM, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, endpoint protection and data loss prevention technologies.
3. IoT Device Security: Amazon has launched AWS IoT Device Defender. We’ll share more details soon…
2. MSP Rebrands for Security: Entegra Technologies has rebranded as Vericlave. The MSP says the new name better reflects its focus on cybersecurity solutions that protect critical assets from threats before they happen. It’s the latest example of an MSP doubling down on the security sector.
1. Black Hat USA 2018 Conference: We’re set to attend the conference on Wednesday and Thursday (August 8-9). Our meeting schedule is completely booked. But feel free to email me (Joe@AfterNines.com) your news and/or booth number. I’ll try to stop by. Related: Track all Black Hat Conference news here on MSSP Alert.