Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Managed Identity Threat Protection: CrowdStrike has introduced Falcon Identity Threat Protection Complete, a fully-managed identity threat protection solution. Among the question marks: Will there be room for MSSPs to partner with CrowdStrike as the security software company continues to push more aggressively into managed services.
2. CEO Transitions: Splunk has hired Proofpoint founder Gary Steele as CEO. Proofpoint, in turn, has promoted EVP Ashan Willy to interim CEO.
3. Funding – Threat Intelligence: CardinalOps has raised $17.5 million in Series A funding led by Viola Ventures. Also, CardinalOps has hired Microsoft veteran Phil Neray as chief marketing officer (CMO) and VP of cyber defense strategy.
4. Funding – Application Security: Bright Security, formerly NeuraLegion, has raised $20 million in Series A funding led by Evolution Equity Partners.
5. Partner Program – Cloud Infrastructure Security: Ermetic has launched the Ermetic Synergia Partner Program for IT service providers, systems integrators, consultants, MSPs/MSSPs and ISV. The goal: Deliver turn-key cloud security solutions that span cloud infrastructure entitlement management (CIEM) and cloud security posture management (CSPM) for AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
6. Zerto Partner Program: Zerto, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, has introduced new two-day technical training offering for its resellers and end users. The content is designed for hands-on administrators and technical users who “want to better understand deployment, configuration, and management of Zerto in VMware vSphere environments,” the company said.
7. Security Operations Center (SOC) Automation: IronNet has announced new automation capabilities of its cybersecurity platform. The Collective Defense platform enhancements, IronNet said, can:
- Increase alert fidelity by automatically correlating patterns of suspicious behavior across the attack kill chain, bringing to surface malicious threats that would have gone unnoticed based on a single indicator;
- protect managed and unmanaged devices from malware, ransomware, and advanced persistent threats (APTs); and
- enable timeline analysis of APTs and pattern-of-life threat-type investigations over extended time windows for threat hunting.
8. Microsoft Active Directory Security: Enzoic, a provider of compromised credential screening solutions, has released the latest version of Enzoic for Active Directory. The solution “prevents users from choosing weak or previously exposed passwords by screening them at their creation and continuously monitoring passwords to ensure they do not subsequently become compromised, Enzoic asserted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (March 21-23, Dubai)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar