Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 September 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Hackers Disable MSP Backups: Details are here.
2. Ransomware Attacks and Bitcoin Pricing: Closely related?
3. Blockchain Security: Kaspersky unveils new offering.
4. Twitter CEO’s Account Hacked: The personal Twitter account of CEO Jack Dorsey was hacked on August 30 and filled with erratic and racist tweets, The Wall Street Journal notes. The hack apparently involved a so-called SIM Swapping incident at Dorsey’s mobile service provider.
5. Cyber Readiness Center: Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) is promoting a Cyber Readiness Center for assessments, cyber plans, policy development, employee training and more.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.