Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday morning, February 4, 2019.
7. Duke Energy – Cybersecurity Fines?: Duke Energy faces a $10 million fine for various cybersecurity lapses and violations, according to media reports.
5. Data Leaker Identified?: Recorded Future, a US-based cyber-security firm, claims to have identified the hacker who assembled and then sold a massive collection of email addresses and passwords known as Collection #1.
4. Cryptocurrency Hacker Sentenced: A 20-year-old college student who was accused of stealing more than $5 million in cryptocurrency in a slew of SIM hijacking attacks is the first person to be sentenced for the crime, Motherboard reports. The hacker, Joel Ortiz, faces 10 years in prison…
3. Meltdown & Spectre Bug: The NSA has released updated guidance to help security professionals mitigate the Meltdown & Spectre side channel vulnerabilities.
2. Avast-Barracuda MSP Security & Software Partnership: Deeper details are here.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.