Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 January 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, January 4, 2019.
7. SOAR Reality Check: Some intriguing perspectives here.
6. Data Privacy: The city of Los Angeles is suing IBM’s Weather Channel unit, accusing the company of misleading consumers about how their location data was being used, Bloomberg reports.
5. Financial Warning Sign?: Corero Network Security has issued a revenue warning. Is that a warning signal for one company — or the broader market?
4. Germany Data Breach: Personal data and documents from hundreds of German politicians and public figures including Chancellor Angela Merkel have been published online in what appears to be one of Germany’s most far-reaching data breaches, Reuters asserts.
3. Endpoint Protection: DataLocker, a provider of encryption solutions, has unveiled PortBlocker, an endpoint protection agent that limits USB mass storage devices used on a user’s workstation. The solution prevents data breaches while also keeping malware out of workstations, the company claims.
2. Security Awareness Training: KnowBe4, which develops a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, grew sales 61 percent in Q4 2018 vs. Q4 2017, the company says. KnowBe4 now has nearly 23,000 customers worldwide. Related: The Top 10 Security Awareness Training Companies.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.