Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Monday, June 4, 2018.
9. Data Breach Notification Law: Beginning on Sept. 1, Colorado businesses will have just 30 days to inform customers if their private data has been compromised in a breach — the shortest time frame of any state in America, according to BizJournals.com. The breach notification requirement is part of Bill 1128, which Gov. John Hickenlooper signing into law last week.
8. DoD Contract Review: The Pentagon’s watchdog is reviewing the process that won cybersecurity startup Tanium hundreds of millions in federal contracts, according to Bloomberg. Tanium, along with partner World Wide Technology, won a $750 million contract to increase security of Army networks late last year.
7. Talent Part One: Kroll has named Dani Dilkin as an associate managing director in the company’s Cyber Security and Investigations practice. He’s based in Kroll’s São Paulo office, an will lead the company’s cybersecurity business in Brazil.
6. Talent Part Two: Mastercard has hired Simon Hunt as executive VP of the company’s cybersecurity solutions unit. He previously held key posts at Winmagic, Intel and McAfee.
5. Talent Part Three LBMC, an accounting and business consulting firm, has named Mark Burnette to lead the company’s Risk Services practice. Burnette will lead a national team of cybersecurity and audit professionals focused on customers’ compliance needs, risk assessments, penetration testing, security program consulting and cyber forensics. The team’s former leader, Thomas Lewis, now oversees LBMC’s managed security services company, LBMC Information Security, as its CEO. The MSSP provides around-the-clock security monitoring utilizing a proprietary monitoring platform and expert analysts, according to The Chattanoogan.
4. Re-branding: ITC Secure is rebranding its SBD Advisors (SBD) business as ITC Global Advisors. The new name follows the April 2018 acquisition of SBD by ITC. William ‘Chip’ Colbert is managing director of the newly branded business unit.
1. New Palo Alto Networks CEO: The security company has hired Google search veteran Nikesh Arora as its new CEO and chairman. He’ll join the company this Wednesday, June 6.