Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 May 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, May 4, 2018.
7. Momentum Part One: Fortinet’s Q1 2018 revenues were $399 million, up 17 percent year over year, the company disclosed yesterday.
6. Momentum Partner Two: CyberArk’s Q1 2018 revenue was $71.8 million, up 22 percent compared to Q1 2017, the company revealed yesterday. We’ll share more perspectives on the Fortinet and CyerArk, particularly as they pertain to MSSPs, later today.
5. Funding – Penetration Testing: Cobalt.io, a Penetration Testing as a Service platform (PTaaS) for SaaS businesses, has raised $5 million in funding.
4. Containers – Security Management: Sysdig is extending container runtime security capabilities to Google’s Cloud Security Command Center (Cloud SCC).
2. Carbon Black IPO Today: We’ll be speaking with executives from the security company a bit later today for more perspectives on how the Carbon Black IPO funding may potentially help partners, particularly MSSPs.